Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Shipping return mistake

On Nov 26, 8:09 am, "Mr.Bolshoyhuy" <bolshoy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I wasnt home one day when UPS delivered a package I ordered from
> Amazon's 3rd party merchant.  So the dumb UPS man sent it back.  I got
> my $ back, but not the s/h fee.  Thus, I was forced to order it again
> and pay once again s/h.

Why didn't you make a claim against UPS for the extra shipping fee they wrongly caused you?  It's not that hard, just call them up and complain.  If necessary, they'll send you a form.  If it was their mistake, they should pay.

My UPS guy routinely leaves packages on my doorstep when no one is home.  Even the USPS will sometimes do that, but usually will retain the package at the local post office and put a notice in my mailbox to come and get it; I'm not sure but am guess that UPS would normally do the same, leaving a note on your door, and would attempt a re-delivery at a time you specify, unless there is something you are leaving out of the fact pattern that gave them a reason to return to sender (or unless they just made a dumb mistake, as you propose).

--
This posting is for discussion purposes, not professional advice.
Anything you post on this Newsgroup is public information.
I am not your lawyer, and you are not my client in any specific legal matter.
For confidential professional advice, consult your own lawyer in a private communication.

Mike Jacobs
LAW OFFICE OF W. MICHAEL JACOBS
10440 Little Patuxent Pkwy #300
Columbia, MD 21044
(tel) 410-740-5685      (fax) 410-740-4300

No comments:

Post a Comment